Running shoes are designed for athletic performance and comfort, but did you know they can also make a stylish addition to your casual wardrobe? Wearing running shoes with jeans is a popular trend that combines fashion and function. But, getting the look right can be tricky. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll show you how to wear running shoes with jeans like a pro. Also Read What are Neutral Running Shoes
Why Wear Running Shoes with Jeans?
Wearing running shoes with jeans is not only fashionable but also practical. Running shoes are designed for athletic performance, with cushioning and support that makes them comfortable for long periods of wear. Wearing them with jeans can give you the best of both worlds: style and comfort. Running shoes come in a variety of styles and colors, making it easy to find a pair that matches your personal style.
Comfortable and Practical
Running shoes are designed for physical activity, so they provide superior comfort and support for your feet. They are made with lightweight materials and cushioning, which makes them ideal for everyday wear. This makes them a great option for those who are always on the go or for those who want to stay comfortable while running errands.
Versatile and Stylish
Running shoes are versatile and can be paired with a wide range of outfits. They come in a variety of colors and styles, so it’s easy to find a pair that complements your personal style. Whether you’re going for a casual look or a more put-together outfit, running shoes can work with both.
Choosing the Right Running Shoes
To wear running shoes with jeans, you need to choose the right pair of shoes. This means taking into consideration your foot type, running style, and outfit. By choosing the right running shoes, you can create a cohesive and stylish outfit.
Determine Your Foot Type
The first step to finding the perfect pair of running shoes is to determine your foot type. This will help you to choose shoes that provide the right amount of support and comfort for your feet. There are three main types of feet: flat feet, high arches, and neutral feet.
- Flat Feet: If you have flat feet, you will need shoes that provide extra arch support to prevent your feet from rolling inward.
- High Arches: If you have high arches, you will need shoes that provide extra cushioning to absorb shock and reduce the risk of injury.
- Neutral Feet: If you have neutral feet, you are lucky! You can wear most types of shoes without any issues.
Consider Your Running Style
Another important factor to consider when choosing running shoes is your running style. Different types of shoes are designed for different types of running, so it’s important to choose shoes that match your style.
- Distance: If you are a long-distance runner, you will need shoes that provide plenty of cushioning to absorb shock and reduce fatigue.
- Terrain: If you like to run on trails, you will need shoes with a more aggressive tread to provide better traction on uneven terrain.
- Speed: If you are a sprinter, you will need shoes that are lightweight and flexible to help you move quickly.
Match Your Running Shoes to Your Outfit
When choosing running shoes to wear with jeans, it’s important to match the style and color of your shoes to your outfit. Neutral-colored shoes are versatile and can work with a variety of outfits. Brightly colored shoes can be a fun addition to a more casual outfit.
Selecting the Right Jeans
When wearing running shoes with jeans, it’s important to choose the right pair of jeans. The fit, cut, and color of your jeans can make a big difference in how your outfit looks.
The Right Fit
Once you have chosen the perfect pair of running shoes, it’s time to think about the right pair of jeans to wear with them. Here are some tips for finding the right fit:
- Waistband should fit snugly: Make sure the waistband of your jeans fits snugly around your waist to prevent them from sliding down while you run.
- Length should hit at the ankle: The length of your jeans should hit at the ankle or slightly above to prevent them from getting caught on your shoes while you run.
- Avoid overly baggy or tight jeans: Jeans that are too baggy can get caught on your shoes, while jeans that are too tight can restrict your movement and be uncomfortable to wear.
The Right Cut
The cut of your jeans can also have an impact on how they look with your running shoes. Here are some of the most popular cuts of jeans:
- Straight leg jeans: Straight leg jeans are a classic style that looks great with most types of shoes, including running shoes.
- Slim fit jeans: Slim fit jeans are a more modern style that can provide a more streamlined look.
- Bootcut jeans: Bootcut jeans are wider at the bottom, which can help to balance out the bulkiness of running shoes.
The Right Color
Finally, you need to choose the right color of jeans to wear with your running shoes. Here are some tips for choosing the right color:
- Neutral colors: Neutral colors like black, gray, and white are always a safe bet and can be paired with any color of running shoe.
- Dark wash denim: Dark wash denim looks great with bright, bold running shoes and can provide a nice contrast.
- Light wash denim: Light wash denim is perfect for a more casual look and looks great with lighter-colored running shoes.
Styling Tips for Men
When wearing running shoes with jeans, there are a few styling tips men should keep in mind. By following these tips, men can create a stylish and cohesive outfit.
Keep it Casual
Running shoes are a natural fit for casual outfits. Here are some tips on how to dress down your running shoes and jeans:
- T-Shirt: Pairing a simple T-shirt with your jeans and running shoes is a classic look. Choose a shirt that fits well and is in a solid color or with a simple graphic. Avoid overly busy or loud patterns that may clash with your shoes.
- Hoodie: For cooler weather, a hoodie is a great option. It adds some extra warmth and looks great with running shoes. Again, choose a hoodie in a solid color or with a simple design.
- Baseball cap: A baseball cap is a great accessory for casual outfits. It adds some extra flair and is a practical choice for sunny days. Choose a cap with a simple design or in a solid color that complements your outfit.
Roll Your Jeans
Rolling your jeans up at the ankle can create a more polished look when wearing running shoes. This also helps to showcase the shoes and draw attention to them. Just make sure to roll them evenly on both sides to maintain symmetry.
When pairing running shoes with jeans, it’s important to coordinate the colors. If you’re wearing brightly colored shoes, keep the rest of your outfit neutral. If your shoes are neutral, you can add a pop of color to your outfit with a bright t-shirt or jacket.
Styling Tips for Women
Women can also wear running shoes with jeans for a stylish and comfortable outfit. Here are some tips to keep in mind when styling this look:
Dress it Up or Down
While running shoes may be a casual shoe, they can still be dressed up for more formal occasions. Here are some tips on how to dress up your running shoes and jeans:
- Blouse or button-up shirt: A blouse or button-up shirt is a great way to dress up your jeans and running shoes. Choose a shirt that is well-fitted and in a classic style. A neutral color like white, black, or navy will look great with any color of running shoe.
- Cardigan or sweater: A cardigan or sweater is another option for dressing up your running shoes. Choose a sweater in a fine knit and pair it with jeans and your running shoes for a more polished look. Stick to neutral colors like black, gray, or beige for a timeless look.
- Jewelry or scarf: Adding some jewelry or a scarf can instantly elevate your outfit. Keep it simple with a statement necklace or a silk scarf. These accessories can add some extra color or texture to your outfit and are a great way to express your personal style.
Mix and Match Textures
Mixing and matching textures can add interest to your outfit. Pairing running shoes with a leather jacket or denim shirt can create a cool and edgy look. Just make sure to balance out the textures by keeping the rest of your outfit simple.
Accessories can elevate any outfit, and wearing running shoes with jeans is no exception. Add a statement necklace or a colorful scarf to your outfit to add some personality. Just make sure not to overdo it – one or two statement pieces are enough.
Wearing running shoes with jeans can create a stylish and comfortable outfit. By choosing the right running shoes and jeans, coordinating colors, and adding accessories, you can elevate this look to the next level. Whether you’re running errands or going out with friends, running shoes and jeans can work for any occasion. By following the tips and tricks outlined in this guide, you can create a polished and stylish outfit that seamlessly blends sporty and casual elements. So, why not give it a try and step up your fashion game?
Q: Can you wear any type of running shoes with jeans?
A: Yes, you can wear any type of running shoes with jeans. However, it’s important to choose shoes that match your outfit and provide the right support for your feet.
Q: What type of jeans should you wear with running shoes?
A: Straight leg jeans, slim fit jeans, and bootcut jeans all work well with running shoes. Avoid jeans with wide legs or flared bottoms.
Q: Can you dress up running shoes with jeans?
A: Yes, you can dress up running shoes with jeans by pairing them with a dressier top or blazer. However, it’s important to maintain a balance between the casual shoes and dressier clothing items.
Q: What type of jeans should I avoid when wearing running shoes?
A: Avoid baggy or excessively tight jeans that can detract from the streamlined look of the running shoe. Also, avoid distressed or ripped jeans that may clash with the sporty look of the shoe.
Q: Can I wear running shoes with skinny jeans?
A: Yes, running shoes can be worn with skinny jeans for a casual, on-trend look. However, make sure the shoes don’t look too bulky and the jeans fit comfortably without being too tight.